- Wordfence Security – It’s a security plugin, probably one of the best, if not the best
- Updraft Plus Backup/Restore – It’s a plugin that backs-up your site, either to your host server and/or Dropbox etc
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP – As the name suggests, it’s a dashboard to show your visitor data
- Google XML Sitemaps
- W3 Total Cache – To help make your site faster
- Yoast SEO – To help improve your SEO
Of course, if you’re creating a website to sell your products and services, a website won’t get you much sales by itself… You’ll still have to advertise a little (or a lot) and direct people to it.
Despite what folks try to tell you while selling you a SGD$5,000 website (cus “you can claim Productivity Innovation Credit [PIC]” etc), a website will not make you money unless you at least put in some copywriting into it to help it sell you and/or your product.
How do you do that? Do these (or don’t):
- Don’t use distant corporate waffle
- Have the text in your website speak as though you’re talking to your prospect face-to-face
- Save the trendy buzzwords for people you don’t like
- Talk like a human being, make it easy for people to understand you
- Use a lot of “you”, “your”, “yours” in your copy
Still not sure how to do it? Then, do drop me an email below to get some help: